Lets honour the women in our lives!
Click here to download our Sponsorship form as a PDF.
Our registration deadline has been extended to Friday, May 15th
The JWA’s annual gala has moved to a sophisticated evening event!
Join us to celebrate the women who have impacted our lives.
About the JWA:
The JWA is a long-standing institution in Hong Kong, born out of the need to help those in our community. This year, the JWA celebrates its 68th year of service to the Hong Kong and Israeli communities focusing on the needs of women and children. We strongly believe in challenging ourselves, and the community around us, to make a difference in the lives of women and children who are in need.
Our beneficiaries last year included HayimOrganization for children with cancer, One in Nine helping women deal with breast cancer, TheHong Kong Breast Cancer Foundation by funding a full time nurse in a low income area, Tlalime-learning platform for disabled children, The Israel Family Planning Organization in BeerSheva, and Wizo by refurbishing a playground.
About this exciting event:
This inaugural women only event will be held on May 20, 2015 at the Jewish Community Centre. The focus of our printed brochure that is distributed to all attendees and key members of our community, will be to pay homage to the women who have shaped each of our lives by writing dedications and including pictures, inspirational quotes, and more.
We hope you will support the JWA in the very important work we do while also honouring the women in your life by generously donating to our brochure, attending the event and/or inviting friends to attend. Tables of ten are available at various prices and brochure-sponsoring opportunities are available also at different commitment levels. Your gift to the JWA credits you with a space in the event’s brochure. See the Registration page for details.
On behalf of all the women and children who count on our assistance, we thank you for your generous support and look forward to honoring the women in our lives with you.
JWA Beneficiaries 2014
The JWA is committed to continually supporting specific programs in several carefully selected charitable organizations, which are audited annually and judiciously reviewed. Nine-eight percent of all funds raised go directly to our beneficiaries as our overhead is kept to a minimum. This past year, thank you to your generous contributions the JWA has been able to provide crucial support to the following programs:
- Hayim Association – Supports the Schneider Children’s Medical Center
- Hong Kong Breast Cancer Foundation – Support one full time nurse in a low-income area ofHong Kong who delivers support, information and patient education support, treatment preparation group, and breast cancer educational talks.
- One in Nine – Funds the program “By Your Side” in Haifa, which provides an educational and supportive social network for young women, diagnosed with breast cancer. These women receive information, legal aid and emotional support through group therapy and counseling, which proved to be as critical as medical support for breast cancer survival.
- Tlalim – Supports eTlalim, Tlalim’s virtual campus. eTlalimis a school with no walls where hundreds of students age 5 to 18 study together from their home. eTlalim activities are focused on the effort to complete the learning gaps that result from the bedridden children’s absence from school, so they can reintegrate in their classes upon recovery.
- Israel Family Planning Association – Supports the “Open Door” center located in BeerSheva. This program aims to promote the well being of adolescents (mostly girls) “at-risk” in southern Israel. The “Open Door” provides counseling, education and information for adolescents, parents and for professionals working with youth.
WIZO – Financed the renovating of the playground at the WIZO Boris Green Day Care Center located at Yad Eliyahu, Tel Aviv.
Thousands of children with cancer and special needs, as well as vulnerable women, have already benefited from your generosity. When we help one person, the effects ripple throughout their entire family. Your kindness and pledge to the Jewish Women’s Association can make the difference of a lifetime.